Sunday, January 3, 2010

The truth: I didn't run during vacation

I just got from an awesome vacation in Peru and have to come clean about something: I didn't run. At all.

I was planning on running. I brought my shoes, running clothes and everything. However, when we reached our first stop (Cusco), I was unable to adjust to the elevation quick enough (over 12,000 feet) to go for a run. Next we went to Macchu Picchu (about 8,000 - 9,000 feet) and it was a little high, but there was only one road in the town - and it did not go very far.

Then I got sick - to the point where I was unable to run. I could hardly walk at times, it was bad. I dealt with stomach pains through the rest of the vacation, meaning that I would be unable to run in Lima (100 feet) once we arrived there at the end.

Unfortunately I have missed out on my opportunity to run in Peru, and must now face the snow in Boston.

It's time to get ready for the Boston Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment