Thursday, June 20, 2013

Running in London

While in London, I had a few days to run and explored two parts of the city. The first day I decided to go for a run along the river. I ended up running west to east, with my turning point being Big Ben. Overall the run was very nice, I saw several parts of the city and there were many people out biking and running to work. However, unlike Boston, the river views were not impressive. There were a lot of buildings and construction sites in the way, and there weren't any of the beautiful sprawling parks I've been used to.

The next two days I changed course and ran through Hyde Park, as I was staying just a couple blocks from the south side of it. Over the two days I ran through pretty much the entire thing and enjoyed every minute of it. There was a wonderful pond to run around, paths reserved for only walkers and runners, and having no cars was a huge plus. Additionally, the park is large enough where I could go 45-60 minutes without repeating anything. If I'm in London again, I'll definitely plan on doing this run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment