Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gear Review: Stay Visible During WInter Running with Brooks

With clocks falling back an hour this weekend, many runners are beginning a five month stretch where the majority of their training will occur in the dark.

Between the cold, snow, ice and darkness, some people take to treadmills, choosing to run in a controlled temperature and environment. However, if you're like me, you hate the treadmill and want nothing to do with it whatsoever. Therefore, it' time to find some running gear that will keep you safe!

I've tried a lot of nighttime running accessories over the year. I have a very bright jacket (which is awesome), flashing lights (not quite as awesome) and even a light that straps onto - and constantly falls off - my shoe.

Then last week I heard from some nice folks at Brooks (side note - Brooks has the best men's running shorts I've ever found) contacted me and asked if I wanted to try out a couple things. They sent over a Nightlife Arm and Leg Band and a Nightlife Hat. My wife (who is also a runner) and I have been trying them out and are really happy with both items. They're very visible in the darkness and can be easily warn, without adding excess or awkward weight. The only problem is that we'll probably be fighting over the arm bands all winter!

So before you risk your life running outside this winter, make a smart decision and buy these items (or anything from Brooks' Nightlife line, you'll be happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment