Sunday, November 2, 2014

3 Beaches Minimum Half Marathon Recap

The beautiful start and finish location
The first ever 3 Beaches Minimum Half Marathon took place in Boston's South Shore and was a beautiful, winding course along the Atlantic Ocean. No knowing exactly what to expect, I figured I would give the race a try and see what this new half was all about. And I was pleasantly surprised.

Limited to just a couple hundred runners, this course was not closed to traffic. However, the beauty of the course (a long stretch was on Jerusalem Road) was stunning. There were beautiful views of the water, neighborhoods, and for a new race, a lot of crowd support.

The course is full of small hills and isn't prime for a PR, but the out and back race is enjoyable nonetheless. It was also a beautiful day, which helped a lot. It actually reminded me of the Fools Dual Half Marathon because the course felt very similar.

I'm not sure if I'll run it again next year, but it is one that I'd recommend for everyone looking for a fun, small race.

No comments:

Post a Comment